This weekend my friend got here. I have one friend in all of HK who I knew before coming here.
On Saturday we went to Lan Kwai Fong (again) and hung out with some people. I mentioned before that I met two guys from England who I didn't expect to be in HK for more than a few days; I ran into them last night, and that was crazy. They had gone to some island (I couldn't understand them, whether it was the accent or all the noise I don't know) and come back to HK for a bit. Those guys are fun. Later, also in Lan Kwai Fong, we saw a street band. I've seen the same band there for two weekends in a row. It's as though they have a tradition. Anyway, check the video out, and sorry for my singing.
This weekend was also the Dragon Boat Carnival (An iteration of a dragon boat race, but in a small area) so I stopped by that after work on Saturday. On Sunday I went to see Pirates of the Caribbean. They played it in English with Chinese subtitles. It must be frustrating to have all of Hollywood come to you with subtitles rather than the original speech or even dubbing.
That's all I have to say. Soon I'm going to talk about economy and daily lifestyle here, and also 'Personal Goals for Cross Cultural Development*'.
*Not exactly a self-motivated topic.
No comments:
Post a Comment